Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Review

A handful of fun dishes came out of our kitchen this weekend! Of course there was pizza, but also:

Pesto French Toast:

Pesto French toast

Pesto in your french toast is a different flavor, but very delicious. I highly recommend it. I made some home-made pesto that we used in this; here's my basic pesto recipe.

Basic Basil Pesto Sauce
Yield: about 1/2 cup

INGREDIENTS
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor (you can try a blender, but it will be more difficult).  Pulse until desired pesto consistency is achieved.
2. Refrigerate in an air-tight container.

We had this Pasta e Fagioli soup last night, with homemade rosemary and garlic focaccia.

Pasta and beans

I also made a tasty and healthy dessert - poached pears! Recipe for this coming later in the week.

Poaching pears

Here's hoping the weatherman is right, and I'll have fifty-degree temps for my run this afternoon! Today marks the first day of a new training plan, designed to build strength and speed, so I'll be ready to really tackle some serious distance training when the weather warms up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...