Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend review

It was a busy weekend, but here are some of the things we've been up to lately.

I made this dill potato salad at the end of last week, and we both loved it. Super simple, no mayo/etc., perfect flavor. I made a few substitutions to the original recipe, based entirely on what we had on hand. Russet potatos instead of red skinned, red kidney beans instead of cannelini beans (aka white kidney beans), extra virgin olive oil for walnut oil, and white wine vinegar instead of white vinegar.  It tasted great hot or cold.
Potato salad 1

Our church had a soup and salad potluck on Saturday night, and our contribution was winter corn chowder with skillet cornbread. The soup recipe is from Desperation Dinners, and is one of my favorite winter soups.

wintercornchowder

Cooper and I enjoyed a run on what turned out to be a sunny, pleasant Sunday. The weatherman said it would be freezing rain and/or snow all day long, but he was oh so wrong, and I was oh so glad.
Cooper run

Post-run, I enjoyed some home-made bubble tea:

Bubble tea

And I harvested the first edibles from our windowsill garden: a handful of mung bean sprouts!

First harvest



Like what you read? Subscribe to the feed in your favorite feed reader, or follow me on Twitter to keep up with new posts! Find my recipes on Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...