Friday, March 9, 2012

Sprouts and Lemon Tahini Dressing

The time had come to clear out some sprouts from our windowsill garden. As I mentioned in that post, I planted some more seeds a few weeks ago, and they have been growing wild ever since! It had gotten to the point that they were starting to choke each other out, fighting for light, so I intervened. With scissors and a salad fork.


This bowl included broccoli sprouts, spinach sprouts, tom thumb lettuce sprouts, swiss chard sprouts, and mezclun micro greens (which the seed packet tells me has 6 kinds of lettuce; I haven't tried to count!).

To top my salad of baby sprouts, I wanted a fresh, spring-like dressing. Something simple, but with big flavor. This lemon-tahini dressing had been lingering in the back of my mind, so I decided to bring it to reality and see if it was as good as I thought it would be. And it was.

The recipe as written produces dressing for a single salad. You could certainly make a larger amount at once if you like.  I don't know how well it would refrigerate, but if you make a larger batch, let me know. I like it as a last minute toss-together dressing to finish off a simple salad.


Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
Yield: about 1 1/2 tbsp dressing, for one small salad

INGREDIENTS
Juice of 1/4 lemon, about 1 tbsp
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp coriander
pinch each salt and fresh ground pepper

DIRECTIONS
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy and smooth. Enjoy over whatever salad you like.

Like what you read? Subscribe to the feed in your favorite feed reader, or follow me on Twitter to keep up with new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...